POWDER RIVER BASIN RESOURCE COUNCIL, a leading nonprofit for public policy and grassroots organizing in Wyoming, is seeking applicants to fill the position of Organizer.
Powder River Basin Resource Council works to empower local member groups and to monitor and inform public policy affecting the state’s land, air, water, energy resources, agriculture, and community well-being. The organization is highly regarded both locally and nationally and our community organizing approach and commitment to a civil society are respected by agencies, politicians and industry groups alike.
- Develop and implement organizing and grassroots campaign plans for issue-based campaigns focused on reducing the impacts of fossil fuel energy development in Wyoming;
- Recruit new members and engage in organizational outreach activities;
- Provide direction and support to members who are addressing issues of concern to the organization;
- Collaborate with members on research, campaigns, and communications;
- Represent Powder River to external public and private entities, including government departments, the state legislature, the media and regulated businesses;
- Coach members to develop leadership, public presentation, and organizational skills;
- Participate in organizational fundraising, communications, and event responsibilities as assigned; and
- Perform other activities as required or assigned.
- Commitment to Powder River’s mission, issues and values;
- Ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds and viewpoints;
- Strong speaking and writing skills;
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours, including some evening and weekend hours, and to travel;
- College degree (or equivalent work experience);
- Strong background in natural resource management, energy, agriculture and/or Wyoming issues preferred; and
- Experience in issue-based campaign work, communications and/or fundraising also a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary starts at $41,000.00 and commensurate with experience. Powder River offers a generous benefits package including health and dental insurance, vision, paid vacation leave, paid holidays and paid long-term sabbatical leave.
How to apply:
This position is open until filled, but we encourage applications as soon as possible. The position can be located in: Cheyenne, Laramie, Casper, Gillette or Sheridan.
If interested, please email a cover letter, resume, and two brief writing samples to email@example.com (include Organizer Position Application in the subject field) or mail to: Hiring Committee, Powder River Basin Resource Council, 934 North Main St., Sheridan, WY 82801.
Powder River Basin Resource Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.